Friday, June 26, 2015

Day 1 - Reflection on the Year

The school year wrapped up officially yesterday at noon. I am exhausted, exhilarated, and ready to relax. This was the Year of the Ego - schools and agencies offered me more work than one human being in one year should take on. Naturally, I accepted everything that came my way. This is not a smart move, but clearly, I had something to prove. From September until mid-April, I worked from 7-3 at my middle school, then came home and worked another 5-8 hours in three separate roles for an online company. I worked 3 or 4 hours on the weekend as well. This took a toll on my health, and to some degree, on my relationships as well. In April I resigned from the role that required the majority of my time in the evenings, which was very freeing! I have decided to take to the summer off, finish some projects that I have managed to avoid by working so much, reflect on why I felt the need to work incessantly, and simplify my life. I want to reflect where I am headed in the future...Stay in the public schools? Leave the schools, and explore other career opportunities? Grab my Dearly Beloved and sail around the world? These are the thoughts that I think. I have ideas for this summer, but no plan. That is what this day one goof-off day is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment