Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day Sixty-Two - Synoptic

www.warrenharris.net
I wrapped up my final make-up therapy session of the summer. My almost-high-school-freshman finished all his Hunger Games questions, but it was challenging for him.  I barraged him with strategies, tips, techniques, word derivations, associations, sentence stems, skimming for key words, and anything else I could think up to help him remember how to analyze text and understand it. I know he knows these things, it is just that he only seems to use them when I am sitting beside him. Well, I am not going to be from now on. I am worried for his success, but he is going to have to take the things that I have taught him and fly away from our little middle school nest.

He is a good kid...I will miss him and I wish him well!

No comments:

Post a Comment