Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day Fifty-five- Reflecting

What a joyous day! The nefarious aunt called this morning and cancelled her visit. This is frequent behavior; my mother will have cleaned the house, prepared lunch, and waited patiently, then the cancellation call comes. Mum was more low-key this time, and did not go to great effort. Good thing!

I have thought long and hard about my reaction to this woman; some reflecting is in order to determine why I expend so much negative energy on this situation. Better to see people I do enjoy, and reflect on things I want to do, rather than focus on the long history of bad behavior that this woman brings to the party. Expending this amount of emotion on someone over whom I have no control does me no good. The only attitude I can change around here is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment