Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day Thirty-Three - Staying

Well, today I got a phone message from the principal of my school asking me to call him. I could tell from the tone of his voice what he was going to tell me - I was not selected for the Program Head position. He went on to explain a few things about the job that clarified for me that this is in my best interest. First, the Superintendent and Special Ed Director changed the job specs after people applied for it - it went from a full- time position to a .7 position. Really? In addition, they decided they would select someone who had an administrative certification. Again, this was not stated in the original job description. How do you run a department this way? How do you interview people for a full-time position, and then tell them "Oh, by the way...we are only going to hire you for 3.5 days a week!" I'll bet the two candidates with the admin certs are going to jump at that opportunity! My principal is frustrated, and so am I!

As I said before, I love what I do. I am glad I applied, but I am delighted that I will continue to be working as an SLP in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment