Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day Nineteen - Reflect

We had a wake for Mother this afternoon. The SILs did a nice job with her outfit, and with a collage showing all the events in her life. Many neighbors, friends, and relatives  made the trek to the funeral home to pay their respects. There was lots of sadness and emotion, but the Lady is in a good place now. She lived her life on her terms, and I admire her for that. She may have had some regrets, but as she shared with me Wednesday night, she had let go of all animosity that she had been carrying around (possibly towards me...younger SIL told me Mother had some degree of jealousy about DB and my relationship...who knew?!).  We had a lovely meal together when everything was over, and had some good laughter remembering Mother. And now, to quote her favorite expression, "Life goes on!".

No comments:

Post a Comment